Inspire students’ imagination. At Build It Workspace, instructors use practices from engineering, programming, and the sciences to excite curious young learners. Our philosophy is based on teaching critical thinking skills, and design methods used in today’s industry. Apply now if you are enthusiastic about building an early foundation of creativity in children.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Teach in-house, in-school, and/or afterschool programs to students grades K-12 at various school sites. Classes are typically once a week on the same day of the week. Class duration is between 1 – 1.5 hours each plus setup and cleanup.
• Group and private tutoring in STEAM subjects of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, & Math.
• Current classes include:
1. 3D Design & Printing: students learn to use CAD software to 3D print a toy. Engineering design concepts and traditional tools are incorporated in the class.
2. Programming: students learn the basic concepts of programming to design a game, story, or animation.
3. Robotics: students learn age-appropriate robotics design, engineering, and programming using Legos.
• Ensures safety and proper procedures are followed at each school site. (Attendance, proper dismissal of students to parents or afterschool care)
• Curriculum development, including modifying current curriculum and creating new classes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to lift and transport materials up to 20 pounds as needed to and from schools
• Car and auto insurance is required
• Bonus is based on performance and student retention
• Must complete upon hire:
o Pass the Department of Justice Live Scan background check (fingerprinting)
o Proof of TB test within the last 3 years